Shopping for one + Talk + Capitalism

I believe that ‘Shopping for one’ is immensely related to capitalism. As written in the story: “There was something so pitiful about buying small sizes of everything.”
In my opinion I think that this quote means: the more, the better. Isn’t it how capitalism and consumption work? We need to buy more and more to boost the economy. We are the ones who propel economy but at the same time we are its slaves. Our lifestyles, our thoughts and our daily routines are subordinated by capitalism. Even though economy itself isn’t one hundred percent conditioned by us. There are other facts that could affect its growth.
To make reminiscence to the talk which was leaded by Prof. Sicious. I remember the term Dust Bowl. It really got my attention. I think that the ecology has its role, too. What I mean is that this concept describes how dust storms inflicted severe damage to the agricultural system. The lands turned out to be completely destroyed thanks to the drought for a long period of time. This contributed to the economic crisis happening in that time. Finally my point of view about capitalism is that: it doesn’t matter how counterproductive it could be. It is necessary because we need a socioeconomic system to keep our lives going on. However we shouldn’t let the system get into our minds and lives. We need to live with the capitalism, not for it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment